|Liberty Baptist School Mission Statement |
The mission of Liberty Baptist School is to prepare students to serve the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping them with spiritual, academic, and leadership tools necessary to be "light" and "salt" in this present world (Matthew 5:13-16).
All other "textbooks" (science, math, history, language, etc.) are supplements to the Bible and are evaluated by their adherence to the principles and truths expressed and implied in God's Word, i.e., we do not appraise the Bible in light of a given subject text, we appraise each subject text in light of the Bible (Ps. 19:7-11, 119:160).
The Christian Education provided by Liberty Baptist School also means that the Bible is our final authority (and standard) for every matter of "faith and practice." By application this means that the conduct, attitude, speech, and achievement of every student and faculty member of Liberty Baptist School will be evaluated according to the principles of God's Word (Ps. 119:9-11, 105).
Liberty Baptist School is an integral and inseparable ministry of Liberty Baptist Church. Liberty Baptist School is not an optional or secondary activity of the Church, but is the Church in action. Accordingly, Liberty will strive to train young people in the principles of Christian leadership, Godly character, self-discipline, individual responsibility, personal integrity, and good citizenship (II Tim. 3:14-15).
Realizing the evangelistic mission of the Church of Jesus Christ, Liberty Baptist School will strive to reach the lost in our local community by admitting students from non-Christian families on a space-available basis.
The program of Liberty Baptist School will emphasize (in priority):
- A scripturally-based program of Christian character training and discipline.
- A consistent, clear presentation of the gospel of Jesus Christ, to the end that every student comes to know Jesus as Lord and Savior and embrace a lifestyle consistent with scriptural truth.
- A love for and loyalty toward America and the Biblical principles upon which our country was founded.
- An academically advanced college preparatory education.
- A fine arts program designed to assist each student develop his or her special gifts and talents for the glory of the Lord, and to appreciate music, art, and other fine arts disciplines that glorify God.
- A physical education program that stresses physical fitness, teamwork, and a Christian attitude in every sports and athletic endeavor.